Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

I was totally gonna do a Teen Tuesday post and then didn't have the time to actually do it on Tuesday, lol. But I'll do it next week- I promise! (Disclaimer: I may not actually follow through on this promise, so it's best not to get too attached to me posting something next Tuesday. So really, this promise means nothing.)

Anyway, here's my first Waiting on Wednesday post! I stole this next bit from Steph's (Reviewer X) WoW post. Waiting on Wednesday is a community book lusting effort started by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. You should participate! :)

So, after a LOT of consideration (and not wanting to steal Steph's pick which I also want BADLY), here is my choice:


Zombie Queen of Newbury High by Amanda Ashby

Quiet, unpopular, non-cheerleading Mia is blissfully happy. She is dating super hot football god Rob, and he actually likes her and asked her to prom! Enter Samantha—cheerleading goddess and miss popularity— who starts making a move for Rob. With prom in a few days, Mia needs to act fast. So she turns to her best friend, Candice, and decides to do a love spell on Rob. Unfortunately, she ends up inflicting a zombie virus onto her whole class, making herself their leader! At first she is flattered that everyone is treating her like a queen. But then zombie hunter hottie Chase explains they are actually fattening her up, because in a few days, Mia will be the first course in their new diet. She’s sure she and Chase can figure something out, but she suggests that no one wear white to prom, because things could get very messy.

BC: While I haven't read Amanda's adult chicklit book You Had Me At Halo (though I do own it), I'm really excited for this book because it's like a chicklit zombie story! How cool is that? I'm not exactly big on the whole zombie thing, but I think Amanda could do well with it. Plus, Amanda is such a wonderful person to chat with, and she just overall rocks, so I'm excited to get to reading her YA debut (and her adult debut- I might just review both at the same time!)

Oh and PS Amanda's going to be one of my Fresh New Voices of YA for the month of March (although I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this to her before, but I'm sure she'll agree, lol)! Fun times will abound!! :)

So there's my first Waiting on Wednesday post. How'd I do?

6 comments:

  1. I want this one too. Zombies FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ your promise meaning nothing! Waiting on Wednesday is SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun read! Steph's pick was also really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I actually planned on posting one of these today too...for the first time. I might.

    This book, as well as You Had Me at Halo, look awesome!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BC - there is a reason why you're one of my fav people ever!!!!!! Thank you for such a nice post!!! And as for being one of your fresh voices - you know I'll do whatever you want (I'm sure I'll even find a couple of books to throw in as prizes). Btw, check your post box in the next few days because an arc should be winging its way to you Very Soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete