Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Booking Through Thursday (1)



1. Do you have a favorite author?
2. Have you read everything he or she has written?
3. Did you LIKE everything?
4. How about a least favorite author?
5. An author you wanted to like, but didn’t?


1. I have a lot of favorite authors, but I think my most favorite would have to be Meg Cabot.

2. Pretty close to everything, except for her historical romances (both adult and teen). I am however gonna be reading Ransom My Heart, the historical book she's writing as Mia Thermopolis, her character from PD. But I've read all of her contemporary ones and am actually now in the process of re-reading the Princess Diaries series.

3. Yeah, pretty much. I love all her books, though I did try Nicola and the Viscount, one of her teen historicals, and was not terribly impressed by it. But it's hard to get me into an historical novel, so it's a bit feat when I can a) finish it and b) enjoy it. But we'll see how Ransom My Heart goes. I'm 2 chapters in and am enjoying it so far, so it's looking good but it's still fairly early on.

4. Not really. If I don't like a book and it doesn't grab my attention, I'll just put it away and not bother with it, so I generally don't spend time with books and authors I'm not into.

5. Again, sort of the same answer as above, but I'll say Megan McCafferty. I heard SO many good things about her Jessica Darling series, but when I decided to start reading the first book, I couldn't get into it and I thought the main character was whiny. So I took it back to the library. I may give Megan another shot eventually, but my TBR pile is so huge, so I can't really take on more books at this moment in time.

4 comments:

  1. #4 is hard to answer, but because of a master's level class, I unfortunately, am able to answer. Please visit to see my answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg is definitely my favorite chick-lit writer. Maybe my favorite YA too. I'm not sure though since there are so many good ones to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely need to give Megan McCafferty another shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't quite read all of Meg's books, but I've read a lot of the Princess Diaries books and some other YA books she wrote, and I do love her to death. I'm hoping to start reading some of her Adult stuff when I get the chance.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete