Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

In My Mailbox- Week of Dec. 22

Only 1 book this week, but a good one that I can't wait to read!


3 Willows: The Sisterhood Grows by Ann Brashares
summer is a time to grow

seeds
Polly has an idea that she can't stop thinking about, one that involves changing a few things about herself. She's setting her sights on a more glamorous life, but it's going to take all of her focus. At least that way she won't have to watch her friends moving so far ahead.

roots
Jo is spending the summer at her family's beach house, working as a busgirl and bonding with the older, cooler girls she'll see at high school come September. She didn't count on a brief fling with a cute boy changing her entire summer. Or feeling embarrassed by her middle school friends. And she didn't count on her family at all. . .

leaves
Ama is not an outdoorsy girl. She wanted to be at an academic camp, doing research in an air-conditioned library, earning A's. Instead her summer scholarship lands her on a wilderness trip full of flirting teenagers, blisters, impossible hiking trails, and a sad lack of hair products.
It is a new summer. And a new sisterhood. Come grow with them.

My Thoughts: I got this from Random House earlier this week. I hadn't asked for it, but was so glad to receive it. I'd actually completely forgotten that it was even coming out until I got it (same with Parties and Potions). It looks like a fantastic book and I can't wait to read it. I also finally got the second Sisterhood movie from my library and I'm so excited to see it!! :)


That's all for this week!

PS Added just a couple minutes later. I knew I was forgetting something! I also got (I don't know where to find a smaller picture- sorry!!)


Wings by Aprilynne Pike
Aprilynne Pike's Wings is the first of four books about an ordinary girl named Laurel who discovers she is a faerie sent among humans to guard the gateway to Avalon. When Laurel is thrust into the midst of a centuries-old battle between faeries and trolls, she's torn between a human and a faerie love, as well as her loyalties to each world. Coming from HarperTeen May 5, 2009!

My Thoughts: This also came sort of randomly- the publicist warned me beforehand that it would be coming, but she hadn't asked if I had wanted the book (I did though, so it's ok, lol), just that she was sending it and that it would be arriving soon. So I got it in the mail and it looks fantastic. I can't wait to read it! :)

11 comments:

  1. Dude. I want publicists to randomly send me books that look as amazing as Wings. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was your 3 Willows white? That's the cover I prefer but I fear the final version is the blue with white lettering :( Or maybe if they are really awesome they are doing two covers, I hope so!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I can't wait for the release of 3 Willows. It's going to be so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for 3 Willows. It looks really good! And Wings has a very pretty cover.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alea- My 3 Willows was blue with white lettering- personally I like that cover better, lol. It's very pretty in person.

    But, for all I know, they could be doing two covers. I got a finalized hardcover version so it wouldn't have been like the dual cover ARC of Paper Towns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually ended up with the ARC and final- my sister is happy about that! :P So I'm glad I have the white ARC, that's my fav! I'm already thinking about what the other books in the series might look like! I love the illustration style they used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so want to read 3 Wilows. xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh. I'm so jealous! Everyone is getting 3 Willows :(

    Wings looks really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both books look fabulous!

    ~bella aire~

    Also: I recieved Cycler and Dream Girl in the mail this past week. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *squee!* You got my book!! I hope you love it!!

    Aprilynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these books look like great reads! :) By the way would you like to do a link exchange?

    Katie.

    ReplyDelete