Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

What's Your Status? by Katie Finn


What's Your Status? by Katie Finn
"Madison MacDonald thinks things are finally working out!

Followers: 300
Status Updates:

mad_mac Nate and I have been together for two months, and it’s wonderful! Life is good!
mad_mac Well, except for the fact that I still might be failing history.
mad_mac And I no longer have a BFF.
mad_mac But aside from those things!
mad_mac Okay. So, um, apparently I’ve just been put in charge of the school’s priceless heirloom.
mad_mac And the assistant headmaster has a vendetta against me.
mad_mac And it seems I’m being blackmailed.
mad_mac Gathering together a crew. I’m going to try and pull off a heist. Without getting caught. Or expelled. Or arrested.
mad_mac Also, I think I may have just accidentally wrecked my relationship. . . .

Madison MacDonald is trying not to panic."- summary from back of book

OK, so before I start on What's Your Status, I completely forgot to mention something awesome that happened in Top 8. Most likely only Gail and I noticed this (as we are huge nerds), but there were a couple references to the totally awesome, everybody-should-watch-this movie Clue! Seeing that made me so happy. You know why? Because I'm a huge nerd.

Anyway, on to What's Your Status! Madison and her friends are back with new problems, a new mystery adventure, and a new social networking site. Status Q is essentially like Twitter and I loved its inclusion in this novel. The way it was used to pull off the heist mentioned in the summary was fantastic. There were also even some twists and turns toward the end of the book that surprised me.

Once again though, one of the great parts was Madison's conversations with her friends. They just flow so naturally and are laugh-out-loud funny. Those were some of my favorite sections. We also get to see more of her friends too as they get their own subplots and get fleshed out some more.

One thing I forgot to mention in the review for Top 8 was the romance. OMG I love this romance and the male lead Nate (even more so as he's the one who made the Clue references); he is so swoon-worthy and he's just so hot. The two of them run into some relationship and communication issues like any couple, but they work through them.

The heist part was just perfection and Finn really knows how to create some good suspension and write some great climactic action scenes.

Overall, I just really loved this book and I hope there's more to come!

FTC: Received book as a surprise from publisher. Link above is an Amazon Associate link; any profit goes toward funding contests.

4 comments:

  1. Omg I totally bought this last weekend... Should probably get around to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good book, one that I would enjoy. Great review!

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  3. this book was totally awesoome!!!

    ReplyDelete