Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Meandering Monday (7)

Over the weekend, I finished up Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick. I didn't have enough thoughts about it to do a full review, so I thought I'd just talk a bit about it here. :) I love the idea of books being done in new and inventive ways, like emails, tweets, blogs, etc. (LOVE the idea of The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan, which I can't wait to read), hence why I enjoyed the Boy series by Meg Cabot and the Top 8 series by Katie Finn. Tweet Heart's been on my radar for a while, so I was so happy to see it at the library last week. I devoured the book in like three gulps- two small ones and one big one. It was just so addicting and fun! The storyline was really cute, and I loved the characters. It's a perfect book to read for Valentine's Day next month, or even now- just curl up on the couch with some hot cocoa and read.

In other news, I was going to be going to A.S. King's signing of Please Ignore Vera Dietz in Alexandria, but it was postponed due to snow in her area, which was sad. But hopefully she and I will get to meet whenever the event is rescheduled. I also found out that next month on Feb. 25, what I thought was just Beth Revis signing in Raleigh, NC turned out to be FIVE authors signing! Yes! A whole bunch of Penguin authors- Beth, Brenna Yovanoff, Kirsten Miller, Ally Condie, and Andrea Cremer- are going to be in Raleigh next month. I've only met Ally so far and she's a sweetie, so I'm really excited to meet all these other awesome authors (and of course, see Ally again)! I will make sure I am there next month; wild horses can't keep me away.

Finally, some potentially exciting job news- I have a phone interview for a position Tuesday afternoon, so we'll see how that goes. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. You're so lucky to be able to go to that signing! All those authors are amazing! (Take pictures! :P)

    Good luck with the job interview! *sends positive vibes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to a Breathless Tour Stop too, except mine is in Minnesota.

    Best of luck with your job interview. I'm sure you'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the signing gets rescheduled too. Good luck with the interview babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the interview! And will you email me the details about the breathless tour bc I might be able to go to that too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, very jealous of you getting to meet those FIVE ladies.

    2nd, glad to know that I am not the only one who doesn't always have enough thoughts on a book to write a whole review.

    3rd, hope the interview went well!

    ReplyDelete