Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ask Book Chic (19)

Here's the 19th edition of Ask Book Chic! Hope you all enjoy!

sablelexi asks "If you could only read 5 books for the rest of your life, what books would you choose and why?"

My re-readable list would go here and those are (list is shortened by a couple books to fit it in 5):

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot
Burned by Ellen Hopkins
In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg
Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe

A lot of these books are hilarious and I love to laugh so if I can do that the rest of my life, that'd be great. But of course, a dose of seriousness is needed so Burned by Ellen Hopkins is on the list; that's my favorite of all her books.


jecca asks "What is one book you truly regret reading? And why?"

I actually don't ever regret reading a book. I read everything I come across (except for like one or two books that I stopped within the first 50 pages) and review them cuz I'm easily pleased. I'm just a laid-back, go with the flow kind of reader, so I'm not as receptive to problems within a novel, or just didn't actually HAVE problems with novels. But as I've reviewed books over the years, I've noticed more things that stand out to me as bad while reading, so I think my critical eye is getting better. But nothing so far has really made me regret reading it.


Kailia Sage asks "If there was one author in history who you could have lunch with, who would it be and why?"

Meg Cabot, hands down. Meg is a very funny and awesome person, so that alone should be enough. But she's also the author who got me reading again and introduced me to the YA section. If it weren't for her (and the Princess Diaries movies), I probably wouldn't be here. I do actually hope to have lunch (or coffee) with her while in NYC in May for BEA if she's free and actually in New York, since she mostly resides in Key West now. But I'm hoping since Abandon (her new YA) comes out in April with Overbite (sequel to Insatiable, an adult novel) following in June, she'll be at BEA doing some book signings and stuff.

If I get a lunch with her, I will be sure to tell you readers all about it.

Also, it may seem kinda silly to use a living author as the answer to this question, but there's not a lot of (or, really any) dead authors I'd like to chat with.

2 comments: