Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Friday, October 15, 2010

GLBT Week: Fragment Friday- Jumpstart the World by Catherine Ryan Hyde

Fragment Friday is a weekly meme hosted here on this blog where you read an excerpt from either your current read or one of your favorite books and post it on your blog to share with others!

Today, as part of GLBT Week, I'll be reading an excerpt from Jumpstart the World by Catherine Ryan Hyde, as well as talking about two really important things. Jumpstart the World is out in stores now, so go pick up a copy!



Please check out these links:
It Gets Better Youtube Page
It Gets Better Project
The Trevor Project

And I didn't mention this in the video because I just found out about it after the fact, but there's another wonderful organization called Live Out Loud doing some fantastic work. Read all about it here.

Put your link down in the Mr. Linky below!

3 comments:

  1. Eee, I want a copy of this book! It sounds so good. Thanks for the fragment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James! Thanks for hosting---this is the first week I'm joining in. I was a little nervous but it was fun doing my first vlog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! I definitely have to read this one! I also think the title is pretty awesome! I'll be sure to check out those websites when I get home from school. By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete