Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ask Book Chic (20)

Welcome back to Ask Book Chic, the feature where you guys get to ask me whatever questions you want (about blogging, writing, my life, anything you want!) and I'll answer them as honestly as I can and to the best of my abilities. Please feel free to leave questions in the comments to be used in future Ask Book Chics, or you can email me at bookchicclub-at-gmail-dot-com.

Caroline Taylor asks "Have you put any books on your Christmas list or like Kristi from Story Siren, do you not get many books for Christmas?"

I know it's past Christmas now, but I don't think I asked for too many books ever for Christmas. By the time I found YA and got back into reading, I was already an adult. I'd usually buy a book myself or sometimes would ask for one or two for Christmas, and most of the list was CDs or DVDs that I wanted (some of them imports). But now my family doesn't really do presents anymore as everyone's an adult now. Even if we did, I probably wouldn't ask for books since I already have more than enough to read because of the blog, lol.


Cindy asks "What are your top 3 favorite books of all time??"

I've put up a list similar to this before but not a Top 3 so this'll take some thinking. The main criteria is re-readability; I need to like a book enough that I'd want to re-read it, which doesn't happen very often for me.

1) Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman- I could never get tired of this book. It's a hilarious take on the Apocalypse.

2) Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot- Probably my favorite out of all of Meg's books (and they're all so good!). It's just such a good romantic, funny read.

3) Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe- A funny mystery that includes footnotes? I'm so there. I'm actually re-reading this one right now!

Also, just to let everyone know, if one of you doesn't like my list of recommendations, feel free to leave a comment and I'll replace it with another title that wasn't originally on this list because I don't stand by the books I recommend. And no amount of people loving the original title will sway me from my arbitrary, cowardly and stupid decision that affected the integrity of the list and made it all moot.


BookMac asks "Okay here's my big question....MAC or PC???"

PC all the way. I cannot stand MAC computers. They just frustrate me so much because the ones I've used have been so slow and can't seem to do more than one thing at a time.

So while Windows occasionally peeves me off, it's not as much as Mac computers frustrate me.

Please stay a follower though. I don't think I could afford to lose all my Mac-loving followers. :P

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for answering my question! I still get presents and books for Christmas even though I am 32, infact I got 10 books for Xmas and then about 6 more on my bday which was 4 days after, just enjoying working my way through them.

    ReplyDelete