Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wanna read Gone by Lisa McMann?- 1 ARC tour info


So I am just about to start Gone by Lisa McMann and I'll probably be finishing it soon depending on when my supervisor at work comes over and tells us about our new project. I've been at work over an hour now and was able to finish up Positively by Courtney Sheinmel (review and interview to come), so once I post this, I'm starting on Gone.

What this means is that once I finish Gone, I can start sending it out on a 1 ARC tour, much like what Kay Cassidy and Harmony have been doing recently. I hope to be able to send it out to 10-15 people over the next few months. I'm still working on logistics and need to talk to Harmony about how she runs her tours so I have some semblance of knowledge of how to run this.

The deadline for commenting will be next Tuesday, November 10. As for how I will pick people, it will be done randomly. Anyone can comment- bloggers must include their web URL in their comment and non-bloggers must say in their comment that they're not bloggers. The reason for this is because I will probably only pick one or two non-bloggers for the book to go to so I need to know who is one and who isn't. The main purpose of this is so bloggers can have a chance to read the ARC since so few were sent out and be able to review it on their site.

When I pick the list, I'll announce the names here on the 10th. I want those people to email me so I have their email addresses which I can put together in a Word document and send out to the whole list so people know the order and can get the mailing address from the next person on the list. Also, I'm sorry to international readers, but this tour is only open to US residents.

More info will be given to whoever's chosen for the tour but feel free to leave any questions you have in the comments and I'll answer them either in the comments or add the answers to this post.

20 comments:

  1. me, me me!!!!

    booksbytheircover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to participate.

    www.theneverendingshelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, James, YES, I want to read this! :)

    I'm http://laurasreviewbookshelf.blogspot.com

    I hope you pick me! :)

    I never win:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to participate as well! :)

    Book Reviews by Jess

    bookreviewsbyjess (@) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pick me!!!


    I'm dying to know how this story ends and I've heard it's amazing from someone whose read it but refuses to spoil it.

    http://notenoughbookshelves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I participate, please?

    Cindy
    princessbookie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome!!!!

    thebookscout.blogspot.com

    thanks!(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mememememememememeeee! I still reread Wake constantly since I won it from you like two summers ago!

    harmonybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am so in for this one, please pick me! Ah, want to know how the trilogy finishes so bad.

    http://lilibethramos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am dying to read this! Ahhhhhh!!!

    http://shalondasblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I would definitely love it if I could be a part!

    http://stephsureads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to participate. I just read Wake and Fade this weekend and loved them!

    jennalikestoread.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love a chance!

    http://ya-bookaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, I'm DYING to read this book. So, I would love to have the chance to participate! :)

    www.laurenscrammedbookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to be a part of this! :)

    http://readintothis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to participate! (New Blogger here)

    Onlysexybooksallowed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you still taking names? I would love to read this!

    pureimagination77(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lori- Unfortunately, I'm not. I have enough people on the tour right now and I don't even know if it'll make it through that by the release date. But we'll see- send me an email and I'll keep you in mind for whenever I get the book back in my possession.

    ReplyDelete