Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

In My Mailbox- Week of November 9 + Retrospective

Very slow week this week, but got an AMAZING ARC that I am so happy to have gotten. I seriously gasped and squealed when I saw what it was. And everyone will be jealous, lol. I may run another ARC tour for this one if there's enough demand- I'm not sure how many ARCs they're sending out for it. Anyway, without further ado, here it is:


The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
Gabry lives a quiet life. As safe a life as is possible in a town trapped between a forest and the ocean, in a world teeming with the dead, who constantly hunger for those still living. She’s content on her side of the Barrier, happy to let her friends dream of the Dark City up the coast while she watches from the top of her lighthouse. But there are threats the Barrier cannot hold back. Threats like the secrets Gabry’s mother thought she left behind when she escaped from the Sisterhood and the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Like the cult of religious zealots who worship the dead. Like the stranger from the forest who seems to know Gabry. And suddenly, everything is changing. One reckless moment, and half of Gabry’s generation is dead, the other half imprisoned. Now Gabry only knows one thing: she must face the forest of her mother’s past in order to save herself and the one she loves.


Retrospective

Monday- I posted my interview with Kristina Springer.

Tuesday- I put up my excerpt vlog, in which I read an excerpt from Struts and Frets by Jon Skovron.

Wednesday- I posted my review of The Espressologist by Kristina Springer.

Thursday- I interviewed Jon Skovron on a multitude of things.

Friday- My excerpt vlog for The Espressologist was posted.

Saturday- I put up my review of Struts and Frets by Jon Skovron.

14 comments:

  1. Wow you got the Dead-Tossed Waves. That is so lucky. Hope you enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Dead Tossed Waves sounds realyl good and the cover is gooooorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD! I literally gasped when I saw that. Dying dying dying to read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm officially jealous! I will ignore all reviews until I get to read it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Augh you will LOVE it, and I love seeing that you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cover. Can't wait to see what you think of it. And an ARC tour would be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. n Dead-Tossed Waves. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to read this one. enjoy and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am not even commenting on that.... omg.

    hope you're doing well! have't talked to you in forevas! :)

    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, gasp, you are very lucky! Also dying to read that book, like everyone else. I think you were the first person I saw get one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the last line of the blurb, the one about Gabry having to face the forest of her mother's past.

    The cover looks amazing. You're so lucky. I hope you enjoy reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just coming back again to say how jealous I am. I would drop everything else and finish this one in an hour.

    ReplyDelete