Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Monday, November 23, 2009

2010 Books Preview Post

Hey everyone! Lately, I've been reading a few 2010 books and wanted to share a little bit of my thoughts on them since my reviews of them won't be up for a while. So here goes:


The final book in McMann's Wake trilogy is a fantastic read. More twists are thrown into the story and Janie's decision of how to live her future becomes much harder to make. The prose is still sparse and tight, just like the previous two novels, making the action that much more exciting. The ending satisfied me, and hopefully it'll satisfy others, but I'm not opposed to another book featuring Janie. This book will be released in early February 2010.

PS My 1 ARC tour for this book has begun! I sent it out to the first person the other day (Saturday, November 21) so those that are part of the tour will be getting to read it soon! I also included a fun surprise for everyone too! If anyone has any questions about the tour, please contact me at bookchicclub-at-gmail-dot-com


I just got this book last Monday as part of Kay's 1 ARC blogger tour and have already read it, finished it, and sent it out to the next person. Yes, the book is THAT good that I was able to finish it even with my really busy week last week (having some downtime at work rocks!). It's a lengthy book (around 300 pages) but it just zips on by. Everything works in this book- the pacing, the characters, the plot, the writing style. It's a fabulous book that takes the good vs. evil battle from the sci-fi/fantasy world and puts it in a regular setting. The romance is very sweet but also very real; what happens between Jess and Ryan is not your typical YA romance and, for me, that makes the ending that much more satisfying. What I loved about this book was how much enthusiasm sprang out of it while I read it. I don't really know how else to describe it, but it was seriously like the book was sending out happy vibes when I opened it. Anyway, must stop rambling or this'll become a full-fledged review. I've already had to cut out several sentences and copy/paste to a scheduled review post for mid-April when the book is released.


I'm actually still reading this book and am only about halfway through it. But I loved the first two books and the same seems to be true so far with this one. I had a hunch about one of the characters (Dillon), which Susan pretty much told me was correct, but so far hasn't been mentioned. There was a part where I thought it would be brought up and then it wasn't, so I'm very upset that I'm being made to wait for this reveal, but whatever. The story is still very compelling and it's fun reading about these four debs and their various lives; it's almost like Gossip Girl, southern belle style and with more character depth. The Debutante Ball is coming up fast in this what-may-be-final book and I'm excited to see how it all goes down. This was originally supposed to be released in March 2010, but has been pushed back to June 2010, but this is still a tentative date.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including THE CINDERELLA SOCIETY in such great company, James! Your teaser totally made my day. Book two is due to my editor very soon, so this was just the nudge I needed to get back to work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear of your good review of Gone. It's hard to get the series out of my head. I look forward to the satisfying ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cinderella Society is definitely at the top of my 2010 Wishlist. It's gonna be a great year in books, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read The Cinderella Society, too! Yay Tenners!

    ReplyDelete