Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Reading Meme from BBAW Week

So I kinda wanted to try this meme out, mainly because I have nothing else to post. I was ahead on reviews and now I'm not. *sigh* So hope you guys enjoy this!


Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
Usually not. I do occasionally have a meal while I read though, but snacking is more reserved for watching TV or Youtube videos.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
People WRITE in books that are not MadLibs?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?! I do no such thing.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
Bookmarks all the way. Used to dog ear sometimes but now I have WAY too many bookmarks so there's no reason for me not to bookmark it.

Laying the book flat open?
Sometimes while I'm eating, I'll have it open like that. Or if I have to put it down very quickly, but usually I try to put the bookmark back in.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Fiction with the occasional nonfiction book thrown in. As you hopefully saw, I reviewed Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin by Kathy Griffin last week.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
I usually prefer the actual book over audiobook, but it can be fun to listen to the audiobook sometimes. I used to listen to them at my previous job; I probably won't get to do that at this job sadly.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a
book down at any point?
I can stop whenever but I try to stop at chapters or breaks.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
Not really. I'm usually too comfortable to get up and find out about it. I can figure it out from context.

What are you currently reading?
Going Bovine by Libba Bray, The Waking: Dreams of the Dead by Thomas Randall, and I'm gonna start Wicked by Sara Shepard and Duplikate by Cherry Cheva.

What is the last book you bought?
It's been a while... so I can't even remember. But I know that the next book I'll buy will be My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
I read more than one at a time because if I only read one, I feel like I'm not getting anything done. I have a ton of review books so I read two or three at a time.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
Not really. I'll read at any time and anywhere. I usually prefer to read in bed though- it's very comfy.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
I don't know. I love getting to know a character over several books but it is fun to just read one complete story because then you don't have to wait to see what happens next. I love both.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
Usually Meg Cabot, lol. She's my favorite author and the one who introduced me to the YA section and broadened my horizon.

How do you organize your books?
The only organization is for my ARCs which are organized by date. Aside from that, there is no method to my madness. Maybe once I settle down and am in one place for a while, I'll organize all my books by author.

2 comments:

  1. I love Meg Cabot too she's brilliant.

    That's funny that you think reading one book isn't getting things done for me reading is an escape from getting things done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have pretty similar answers. I always read a book while I'm eating. And then my food is all gone and I wonder where it went so quickly and without me tasting it! :P

    ReplyDelete