Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

In My Mailbox- Week of January 8 + Retrospective

No vlog this week unfortunately as I have low batteries, so just pictures.



Books Shown:

Picture 1- Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin (ARC, March 2012)
Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John (ARC, April 2012)
Beauty by Lisa Daily (ARC, May 2012)
The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams (hardcover, Jan 2012)
Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral (ARC, Feb 2012)
Trafficked by Kim Purcell (ARC, Feb 2012)
The Difference Between You and Me by Madeleine George (ARC, March 2012)
Last Rite by Lisa Desrochers with signed bookmarks (ARC, May 2012)

Picture 2- This Time Together by Carol Burnett (library)
Almost Everything by Tate Hallaway (paperback, Feb 2012)
The Cowboy Takes a Bride by Lori Wilde (ARC, April 2012)
Vesper by Jeff Sampson (library)
Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst (library)
Dear Bully by Various Authors (library)
Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock swag


and here's my weekly retrospective-

Monday- I posted the first half of my Best Books of 2011 (along with a partial list of books that almost made it) and tomorrow, I'll reveal the final five as well as the rest of the books that almost made the cut.

Tuesday- I reviewed Oopsy Daisy by Lauren Myracle, which is out in stores now!

Wednesday- I reviewed Fracture by Megan Miranda, which will be out in stores January 17.

Thursday- I reviewed Darkness Falls by Cate Tiernan, which is out in stores now!

Friday- I unveiled my list of mid-East Coast events that will be updated as often as possible. If you know of any events not on this list that are in the PA/NJ/MD/DC/VA/NC area, please let me know either in the comments or by email.

Saturday- I reviewed Diabolical by Cynthia Leitich Smith, which will be out in stores January 24.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Bully! Love that book! I'm curious to see what the Chopsticks thing is about. I saw Kristi's IMM with it too, and I'm intrigued.

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO JEALOUS about Chopsticks. It sounds like such an epic thing to read, and I've been lusting after it since I first heard about it. The Difference Between You and Me has been recommended by one of my close friends, and it's lesbian YA! So I hope you enjoy that one in particular. :)

    I hope you enjoy your books. I'm off to check out those best-of lists....

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many wonderful looking books, ive heard minxed things about Vesper and i was going to get it but did not. cant wait for the review =)

    Check out my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books this week. I read and loved Drink, Slay, Love so I can't wait to see what you think of that one. Oh and Beauty looks really interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooomg I LOOOVED Alchemy of Forever! Awesome haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some awesome books, James! I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts about them!
    :D
    And it looks like you had a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! Chopsticks looks interesting. I really want to read Drink Slay Love.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete