Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Picture Post Part 2: Book Stalking

News- This is my 100th post here! :) How awesome is that?

So yes, I book stalked again and got pictures of books out in the wild! :) I did have to wait a bit for this family to go away from the YA section but once that happened, it was just me and all those wonderful books. The YA section is a great part of the store because it's in a corner and there's some big bookcases obstructing the view from the cash registers, so I could've taken as many pictures as I wanted- MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Anyway, without further ado, here are the pictures, all taken at The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC:



Yes, it's a picture of Lovestruck Summer by Melissa Walker facing outward (I had nothing to do with that) and one copy of Violet in Private next to it! And I also just noticed that Kiss of Life by Daniel Waters is just two over from Lovestruck Summer, lol. Also spotted are Scott Westerfeld books and paperbacks of the 9th Georgia Nicolson book (and I love how that middle copy is sticking out, lol).



A couple great books can be found here- as you can see, Lauren Myracle's newest book Peace, Love and Baby Ducks as well as the paperback for Thirteen are facing outward, coaxing customers to come and buy them based on their adorable covers! I mean, really, who can resist cute lil baby ducks? Also, right below Peace Love and Baby Ducks are two copies of Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler (also, my local bookstore has 4 copies of 20BS- it's all over the place!)! I can't wait to read both PLBD and 20BS!!



I mainly took this picture for Wings by Aprilynne Pike, who left a comment on my blog when I got her book and so I felt I should take a picture of her books in a store. Although it's not exactly news that this book is in stores since Wings reached #1 on the New York Times bestseller list already, but hey, it is still photographic proof. Also, just a little further down from Wings is Nation by Terry Pratchett, which is a REALLY good book (as are all of Terry's books), so everyone should check it out sometime. :)



Now, there's a funny story about this. I started going through the YA section in alphabetical order before taking any pictures just to have an idea of what I would take pictures of. When I originally saw Susane's books, Waiting For You was spine out. So I go through the rest of the alphabet and take pictures down toward the latter end of the alphabet and then come back to the early letters and I find this. Someone put Waiting For You face out along with Take Me There (which was already face out). It made me giggle cuz I'm like "Ooo, another Susane fan was here!" Presumably. Although it could've just been an employee who was told to do that. I think I saw one skulking around at some point. Also in this photo is Because I Am Furniture by Thalia Chaltas (up at the top left- cover mostly cut off), Cassandra Clare books (top right) and Sarah Dessen books (at bottom).



This was mainly just taken to show off Jessica Burkhart's books. I can't remember if I took my photo before or after I grabbed a copy of Behind the Bit to buy. Probably before. But yeah, since I got pics of her first two books around their release days, I might as well continue the tradition. Hey, Jessica, maybe if you come down to VA in August, we can bookstalk your fourth book together! :)

That's all I have for now. But more pictures will be on their way later this week (maybe). If you saw my In My Mailbox vlog (which you should have, since it was way short, so you have no excuse now), you know that my roomie and I now have baby kittens! Our female cat Maya gave birth to 5 adorable little kittens last Friday afternoon. Pictures of them will be coming! But there are two videos up on my Youtube page (http://www.youtube.com/user/boothy0304) now of them, so feel free to watch those if you're impatient, lol.

12 comments:

  1. YAY BOOK STALKING! I approve.

    I still need to get Behind the Bit. I forgot to look for it the other day. xD

    And YAY KITTEHS! They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to B&N today and I couldn't find either Lovestruck Summer or Behind the Bit. Boo hoo! ):

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting. I was at the borders by my house just about an hour ago and I moved Willow. LOL

    Lovestruck Summer. Nice! I forgot to look for that one but I did order it from Amazon so I hope it gets here soon.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for spotting LOVESTRUCK SUMMER! I'm so glad to hear it was facing out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BC, you are SO adorable. Book stalking should be a new Olympic sport. You would take the gold.

    And yahootie that they had DUCKS facing out!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol I love book stalking! And congrats on the 100th post! and love love love the cute baby ducks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check you out, all capturing books in their natural habitat. You are mad professional! Thanks for sharing with us...it's always cool to see what's hot in other places. xoxo-Susane

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me want to go through my bookstores shelves and take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so lucky, I haven't been in a bookstore in... probably eight or nine years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay to all the books facing out.
    Love the look of your bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...please where can I buy a unicorn?

    ReplyDelete