Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Asunder by Jodi Meadows

Asunder by Jodi Meadows
"Darksouls
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls—and the newsouls who may be born in their place.

Shadows
Many are afraid of Ana's presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

Love
Ana was told that nosouls can't love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection."- summary from Amazon

I NEED BOOK 3 NOW!!! So much is revealed in this book and then the book ends on such a cliffhanger that it made me want to finish the trilogy right away, but I must wait!!

I feel like this installment was better than the first. While I enjoyed the first, I did feel like not a whole lot happened. Here there's more action, more information revealed, and it all happens at a nice pace. I always had a hard time putting the book down, especially during the second half of the novel. Meadows does a really wonderful job writing the myriad of interactions between the residents of Heart, and there are a LOT of them.

I also wanted to punch a few people throughout the course of the book, which just shows you how invested I am in Ana and Sam. Meadows really makes you feel for them as they continue to work on their relationship despite all the horrible things thrown their way.

Overall, a fantastic second book that doesn't fall victim to the sophomore slump and I cannot wait to see how Meadows wraps the series up in the final book.

FTC: Received ARC from publisher. Link above is an Amazon Associate link; any profit goes toward funding contests.

1 comment:

  1. These covers are creepy...
    LOL
    But I'm glad the second book held up well :D

    ReplyDelete