Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Meandering Monday- Books I Need to Read

Thanks so much to those who left comments last week giving me ideas for future Meandering Monday posts. Today I'm stealing someone else's idea that I came across on Twitter. There's this really cool Youtube group vlog called Bookish Days and last week, they talked about books that they need to read.

I'll skip over the essentials that I haven't yet read (like Harry Potter, Cassandra Clare, Twilight, etc.) and focus more on other books. Here's my list:

1) A Million Suns by Beth Revis- I read and loved Across the Universe yet I haven't read the sequel yet and the third book is out in just a few short months. This happens way too often. I start a bajillion series but then find it hard to keep up with the following novels with so many new books (stand-alones and starts to series) coming out.

2) Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth- I interviewed Emily a while ago and I've been really meaning to read this book but have been procrastinating a bit due to its length and tiny print (I know, what kind of reader am I?). I love GLBT novels and helping to promote them. I also got to meet Emily at BEA and get a signed book; she was really sweet.

3) Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce- I read As You Wish, Pearce's debut, and have yet to read another of her books. I own all 3 fairytale retelling books, so I need to get on this. I've heard wonderful things about them and of course I loved As You Wish.

4) Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver- I know, I know, how could I have not read this book? Or any of Lauren's other books even though I own all of them (all ARCs except for a Pandemonium hardcover)? I really need to read them because I've heard such wonderful things about Lauren's writing.

5) Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr- Yet another series I have yet to finish. I read and enjoyed the first three books but haven't gotten to Books 4, 5 and the short story collection. Carnival of Souls is on my TBR pile too, but who knows if I'll be able to get around to it? Just so many books to read!!

I'm gonna stop the list here for now. I could go on and on about pretty much every book I own, but that won't happen. How about you guys? What books have you had lying around forever and haven't gotten around to?

1 comment:

  1. Carnival of Souls is terrific, and a pretty quick read.

    And . . . you haven't read Harry Potter? I'm starting to think you live under a rock.

    ReplyDelete