Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Monday, April 14, 2014

I See Kitty by Yasmine Surovec

I See Kitty by Yasmine Surovec
"Love that Kitty! The most adorable picture book of the year invites the very youngest cat lovers to find Kitty in the world around them.

Chloe loves kitties. She wants a cat so much that she sees Kitty everywhere she goes: at the bus stop, in her backyard, in the starry night sky, even in her dreams. From debut children's book illustrator Yasmine Surovec comes a story so adorable that if you don't already love cats you will by the time you're done reading it. In the tradition of iconic preschool books like Where's Spot?, I See Kitty uses bright, bold artwork to appeal to very young readers and charm them for generations to come."- summary from Amazon

As I'm sure you all know- at least long-time readers will- I love cats. So when an opportunity to get an ARC of this book showed up in my inbox, I jumped all over it even though I don't usually review picture books. I read it immediately upon receiving it, which wasn't too hard to do since it's a picture book.

I've loved Surovec's Cat vs. Human comics for a long time, and it seems like an ideal idea to write a picture book all about cats. She does wonderfully with it- the artwork is done very well (a more polished and broader look than her comic work) and the story is very easy to follow. In the middle section, it's all about finding the hidden kitty that Chloe sees, which I think will be fun for the young ones reading this book. I particularly enjoyed Kitty City and would like to visit there sometime.

Overall, this is a wonderful book to get your kids (or yourself at any age if you love kitties!) to get them started on the right track of loving kitties and not those dirty dogs. :)

FTC: Received ARC from publisher. Link above is an Amazon Associate link; any profit goes toward funding contests.

No comments:

Post a Comment